Re: Samsung SH-S183A SATA on VIA VT6420 controller

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 07:48:30AM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>  Did you ever get any resolution on this?

No, I gave up on it. I just bought a VIA SATA PCI controller (VT6421),
which works for the device also in Linux. I don't know what ASUS / VIA
botched with the onboard VIA SATA controller (VT6420) which works full
in Windows, but read-only in Linux, for the SATA DVD burner.

Either the hardware is broken and Windows VIA drivers know some kind
of work-around, or the Linux drivers have a strange bug.

Regards
Andreas Klauer