Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

Dominique Dumont <domi.dumont@free.fr> wrote:

> Kish Shen <kish.shen@crosscoreop.com> writes:
>
> > I am trying to write a .ts file to a DVD+R Double Layer disk, so far
> > without success. The file has a size of 4613734320. I issue the
> > command:
> >
> > growisofs -Z /dev/sr1 -R -J  pd
>
> I currently create an udf image with genisofs:

What do you expect from using an unmaintained fork from a > 2.5 year old
version of mkisofs?

If you decouple yourself from the original software, you get decoupled
from bugfixes and enhancements. Note that your old version misses
147 enhancements and bugfixes. Several dozens of bugs have been fixed that
origin in the very early years of mkisofs (past 1993). Using old versions
of software is never a good idea.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)