Re: Samsung DVD writer.

Hi,

Joerg Schilling:
> I do not
> write hacks as other aothors may do but I follow the MMC standard

Just for the records:

libburn is developed according to MMC and i am not aware of
any serious deviations from MMC in dvd+rw-tools either.

libburn still supports some pre-MMC-5 legacies, like mode
page 2Ah "CD/DVD Capabilities & Mechanical Status Page".
In general we handle CD according to MMC-3 with an eye on
MMC-1, DVD are handled according to MMC-5 without much
legacy support intended.

There is no support intended for pre-MMC-1 burners.
Sorry for for any collector of antique IT equipment.