Error msg.

I'm tring to write an iso file to a blank'ed dvd-rw disc and I got this error. I know that the error msg speaks for itself (medium error), but just wondering if it could actually be something else besides my dvd as I've used this disc a few times already. It was burning for about 10-15 minutes before it timed out. Any help appreciated, thanks.

cdrecord version: 2.01.01a16

There are two bunches of output below. I notice that it's failing around the same area (2.9GB) on two different discs. I remember reading about a size limit with writing data  to a cd/dvd...

Any help appreciated..

Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 2 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
cdrecord: Success. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  2A 00 00 15 BF 68 00 00 1F 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, deferred error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
resid: 63488
cmd finished after 0.043s timeout 100s
write track data: error after 2918924288 bytes
cdrecord: A write error occured.
cdrecord: Please properly read the error message above.

Trying another working dvd I get the same sort of error but different CDB code:

Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in real SAO mode for single session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
cdrecord: Success. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
CDB:  2A 00 00 15 BF 49 00 00 1F 00
status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
Sense Bytes: 71 00 03 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, deferred error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
resid: 63488
cmd finished after 0.034s timeout 100s
write track data: error after 2918860800 bytes