Re: Samsung DVD writer.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> >> Hogwash. growisofs works without root, therefore you either choose to
> >> claim it is a Linux problem, or you don't understand how to fix it.
> >>

> > Do you like a decent discussion or do you like to be one of the uninformed
> > people who participate in the braindead FUD against cdrtools?
> >
> > If you have no clue on the background, you should listen to people like me who
> > know what they are talking about.... You are listening to the wrong people.
> >

> You said it didn't work right unless run as root. You said it, you
> quoted yourself, you advised to run as root. See above.

Let us continue this after you are no longer confused.....

> The "limited services" include burning optical media, something cdrecord
> won't do on Linux. And as for "all the SCSI commands cdrecord needs,"

Could you please stop your FUD?

If you can't, please stay away!

I am willing to discuss things with any person who is interested in a real
discussion that is not mased in repeating FUD from uninformed people.

I did explain which SCSI commands are currently blocked by the Linux kernel
and will probably never be available again without root privs.
If other authors prefer to write hacky software instead of asking the drive
usig official MMC SCSI commands, I am willing to accept this but this is
not the way I write software.

If you like to know who "the wrong people" are, I may give you a list of
people who are known to write only FUD and uninformed nonsense during the
past 2 years:

-	Eduard Bloch

-	Matthias Andree

-	Norbert Preining