Re: Samsung DVD writer.

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> writes:

> Hogwash. growisofs works without root, therefore you either choose to
> claim it is a Linux problem, or you don't understand how to fix
> it. Moreover, the hacked version of cdrecord which comes with Fedora
> works without root, although it's a bit old.

I've debugged more than one of the numerous libscg bugs last year, which
all were either in the categories "standing in your own way",
"artificial barriers" and "assumptions not covered by any standard", and
often, just rearranging the execution sequence or removing superfluous
differences would fix issues.

None of the fixes or debugging with detailed fix instructions I offered
to Jörg made the code AFAICS, and his rants last year also scared people
away who were originally set to fix one of the Linux rlimit regressions.
(I suggested a workaround, Jörg was aware of it, but didn't take it for
unknown reasons, he wouldn't say. As usual :-().

This however is incompatible with Jörg's behavior, he isn't actually
interested in getting his software portable, but rather "invests" his
time into flamewar and offenses -- as this thread demonstrated with the
long anti-Linux pro-Solaris rant when he was asked about non-root BSD
usage.

--
Matthias Andree