Re: Samsung DVD writer.

Hi,

Isaia Luciano wrote:
> > cd0: <TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M SB02> device Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0

Google for this type and you will find a surprising
high density of cries for help among all the usual
best-price offers.

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> I see no relation to cdrecord......

There seems to be rather a relation to drive weirdology.

A GET CONFIGURATION command should succeed if the
drive is ready to do any work.
"Unsupported ATAPI command 0x46" looks much like
a message from operating system resp. a ATA controller.
If the drive's firmware would dislike 46h, i'd expect
rather a complaint about "SCSI" or "MMC".

But the thing is supposed to be connected via USB
and not via ATA/IDE. Does BSD have a usb-atapi
emulation ?

> > With another external drive LG this is OK.

Same operating system installation ?
That would put all suspicion on the individual drive.

Do you have an opportunity to connect the drive
to a computer with Linux ? Would dvd+rw-mediainfo
fail there too ?