Re: [Cdrecord-support] cdrtools-2.01.01a27 ready

Ismail Dönmez <ismail@pardus.org.tr> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Wednesday 23 May 2007 18:14:00 Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a27:
>
> There is a problem with the tarball. Our build system uses python to unpack
> and build the cdrtools and I get this error when unpacking the tarball:
>
> exceptions.TypeError: stat() argument 1 must be (encoded string without NULL
> bytes), not str
>
> meaning one directory has NULL in it somehow. Any idea how this happened?
> Unpacking the tarball with tar and repackaging fixes the problem but
> according to docs a filename should not contain NULL (POSIX wise).

Send a buug report against the broken unpacker:

tartest 1.12 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

Copyright (C) 2002 Jörg Schilling

Testing for POSIX.1-1990 TAR compliance...
Found 1st EOF block at 18675
Found 2nd EOF block at 18676
No deviations from POSIX.1-1990 TAR standard found.

If you suffer from a defective tar implementation, I recommend to upgrade to
star

ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/star/alpha/

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)