Re: cdrecord and "get performance" scsi errors

Giulio Orsero wrote:
On 5/16/07, Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

Try first with a low number (e.g. 4), use the formula
8+16*i and you get a DMA Size of 72

I have to use 2 to avoid the error
   if (scsi_get_performance(scgp, buffer, 8+16*2, 2, 0x03, 0) < 0)

Do you still get an error if you use a slightly larger number, say 4?

Is there some way scsi_get_performance can be changed, or the "right" value for "i" can be determined? Using such a small value (2) prevents getting all the information for some drives. Assuming I understand how this works, not the Joerg has clarified somewhat.

Can I safely change, now and in the future, cdrecord source code
locally to use 2 in order to avoid those errors?

I still have some other errors ("read track info" "read disk info"),
is there a way similar to the above to solve them too?

Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.01.01a26 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2006 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '4,0,0'
scsibus: 4 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.9'.
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
Identifikation : 'DVDRAM GSA-E10L '
Revision       : 'LE07'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM.
GIULIO get_perf: 2
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc-3 DVD+RW driver (mmc_dvdplusrw).
Driver flags   : DVD MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
Supported modes: PACKET SAO LAYER_JUMP
cdrecord/OBJ/i686-linux-cc/cdrecord: Input/output error. read track info: scsi s
endcmd: no error
CDB:  52 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 30 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 240s
GIULIO get_perf: 2
cdrecord/OBJ/i686-linux-cc/cdrecord: Input/output error. read disk info: scsi se
ndcmd: no error
CDB:  51 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 2A 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.004s timeout 240s
Disk Is erasable
data type:                standard
disk status:              complete
session status:           complete
BG format status:         incomplete
first track:              1
number of sessions:       1
first track in last sess: 1
last track in last sess:  1
Disk Is not unrestricted
Disk type: DVD, HD-DVD or BD

Track  Sess Type   Start Addr End Addr   Size
cdrecord/OBJ/i686-linux-cc/cdrecord: Input/output error. read track info: scsi s
endcmd: no error
CDB:  52 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 30 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.003s timeout 240s
   1     1 Data   0          2295103    2295104

Last session start address:         0
Last session leadout start address: 2295104

Thanks

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>