Re: Was Samsung DVD writer.

FreeBSD User Giacomo <luisaia@tin.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> the result of scgcheck command is (much long):

> ----------> SCSI succeeded command test PASSED
> Ready to start test for failing command? Enter <CR> to continue:
> Inquiry did not fail.
> This may be because the firmware in your drive is buggy.
> If the current drive is not a CD-ROM drive please restart
> the test utility. Otherwise remove any medium from the drive.
> Ready to start test for failing command? Enter <CR> to continue:
> scgcheck: Input/output error. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
> CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 3A 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x2 Not Ready, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x3A Qual 0x01 (medium not present - tray closed) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
> cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 40s
> ---------->     SCSI Transport return != SCG_NO_ERROR (1)
> ----------> SCSI failed command test FAILED

It looks like I would need to see whether I could enhance the
libscg adptation layer for freeBSD/CAM.

But in this case you correctly receive a CHECK CONDITION.

In order to check whether this layer has more problems I would need
to add debug code that s currently missing.

Please note that the probability that the problem is inside your kernel
is much higher than a problem in libscg. This is because the SCSI status
byte is directly copied from the FreeBSD Kernel.

Did you try to send a bug report to the FreeBSD kernel team?

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)