Re: Problem with Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> If you consider calling bugs in vendor versions "Linux bugs" he's
> correct, Jo"erg constantly complains about bugs in derived versions of
> cdrecord, and old versions of his software, and hasn't released a stable
> version in years and tells people to use alpha quality releases. To
> discourage people from trying a released stable kernel before claiming a
> Linux bug seems pretty hypocritical to me.

Looks like you ignore reality :-(

It is not my problem when the Linux kernel folks _break_ an important
interface one week after a stable cdrtools has been published.

If you like to run a Beta OS like Linux that does not have stable interfaces,
you need to use beta software on top of it. But note that cdrtools betas
are still more stable than Linux betas.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)