Re: DVD works in Linux, not windows

#include <hallo.h>
* Joerg Schilling [Wed, May 02 2007, 12:01:39AM]:
> Eduard Bloch <blade@master.debian.org> wrote:

> > > --------->
> > > You are _not_ using cdrecord but the junkware that is distributed by Debian :-(
> > > <--------
> >
> > Nonsense. This message is from the real cdrecord, some older version
> > where you have hidden the DVD code from the public and distributed
> > advertisiment for the closed-source version through the program
> > messages. Only the few words have been appended to tell people where
> > they actually can look for some offline documentation.
>
> This is nonsense: This is still a version that includes bugs added by Debian.

I don't talk about some bugs (real or imagined) added by us. I talk
about the specific one which is on topic, and it has been added by you.
Do you know how staying on topic works?

> > To Satya: please upgrade to Debian Stable (etch). The burning tool wodim
> > there should work in the way you expected.
>
> If you like to get a working version with full DVD functionality and without
> all the bugs that Debian adds since some time, get the latest original version
> from

Yeah, instead of (imagined) bugs added by us people shall get bugs added
by you... and this bugs may exist with high probability, see your own
recent changelogs (about fixes for fresh REAL bugs) for details.

Eduard.