NEW features of cdrtools-2.01.01a26:
- Now using cdrecord/version.h for the global version number
- New autoconf test for struct timeval in sys/time.h
- New autoconf test for struct timezone in sys/time.h
- Changed include/schily/time.h to depend on the
new autoconf #defines HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEVAL and
- The Schily makefile system is now also passing OS
specific #defines to "configure".
- New Schily makefile system Target shell allows to
call "make shell" in order to get a shell with exactly
the same environment as the compilers will see from
the makefile system. This helps testing.
- New autoconf test checks whether we need to call
"xx.exe" on a plaform. This is needed in order to
be able to call the Microsoft compiler from the
SFU (Services for UNIX) environment.
- It is now possible to call the Microsoft compiler
from SFU. In order to do this, call "smake CCOM=cl"
If this does not work, you may need to change the
Libparanoia (Ported/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Monty email@example.com):
- Fixed a typo in paranoia_init() that gas been introduced with 2.01.01a24
This bug did cause a core dump.
Thanks to Robert Grimm <firstname.lastname@example.org> for reporting.
Libedc (Optimized by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt email@example.com):
- Fixed a bug in names.c that caused nameinit() to go into an endless
recursion and dump core if there is no "nobody" in /etc/passwd.
This bug has been introduced recently.
- Trying to work around a Pioneer firmware bug that causes cdrecord to write
DVDs at lowest speed.
- Reset SCSI silent mode after cdrecord did use the auto-mode (no dev= parameter)
to find the drive. This again gives visible error messages.
Cdda2wav (Maintained/enhanced by Jörg Schilling, originated by Heiko Eißfeldt firstname.lastname@example.org):
Mkisofs (By Jörg Schilling and James Pearson email@example.com):
- added a better error message from Helios in volume.c
- The timezone bug (first fixed in 2.01.01a24 has now been fixed
correctly and works even if the timezone is located east to GMT.
- read Joliet filenames with multi-session if no TRANS.TBL
or RR is present. I am looking for a volunteer for this task!
Note that this can never be 100% correct as there is no relation
between the names on the master (UNIX) filesystem, the ISO-9660
names and the Joliet names. Only the Rock Ridge names are
untranslated with respect to the original files on the
master (UNIX) filesystem.
- add libecc/edc for CDI and similar.
CYGWIN NT-4.0 NOTES:
To compile on Cygwin32, get Cygwin and install it.
For more information read README.win32
The files are located on:
NOTE: These tar archives are 100% POSIX compatible. GNU tar may get some
minor trouble. If you like a 100% POSIX compliant tar, get star from
WARNING: Do not use 'winzip' to extract the tar file!
Winzip cannot extract symbolic links correctly.
EMail:firstname.lastname@example.org (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
email@example.com (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
URL: http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/ ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily