Re: autotools. was: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > This shell silently ignores "for i in ; do something ; done".
> > But this does not make the code portable....
>
> For portability i now apply sed to the generated
> ./configure.
>
> But as said, a functional port demands a hand-made
> system adapter anyway.

The problem is to use any "autoconf" newer than 2.13.

After that time, portability has been given up for no reason.

The schily makefilesystem uses the schily autoconf which is a
largely enhanced GNU autoconf-2.13. I did not yet see any problem
with my autoconf on any OS.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)