Re: Samsung SH-S183A SATA on VIA VT6420 controller

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 01:34:29PM +0200, Andreas Klauer wrote:
> I haven't tested every detail yet, but so far, the drive works just
> fine, it created a bootable Knoppix DVD without a hitch. So something
> on the Linux side seems to prevent the drive from working, probably
> the Linux SATA VIA Controller driver?

Bought a PCI SATA controller with VIA VT6421 chipset; with this card
the DVD-RW works fine in Linux. I haven't had the time yet to pursue
the problem with the onboard VT6420 controller any further... just
happy to have a "workaround" for now. :-)

Regards
Andreas Klauer