growisofs' -M option do not remove old files?

Maybe I am stupid (had several stupid ones before) but I think there is
a difference between Windows' Nero Burning Rom's "append from previous
session" (rough translation) and mkisofs's -M option:

With Nero Burning Rom => if a file was on DVD old session and no longer
on my harddisk, the new session is created without a link to that file
(a.k.a. unless you mount previous session, the newly created DVD will
looking like the file is removed from DVD's old session).

With growisofs -M option => if a file was on DVD old session and no
longer on my harddisk, the newly burnt DVD still have that file. -M
option simply does the merge, means old files + new files.

And what I want is Nero Burning Rom's behavior. I don't know how other
people think but I think most desktop users who use DVD to back up their
home diretory is looking for Nero Burning Rom's behavior. Can I supply
some more parameters to growisofs so that it behave like Nero?

Thanks!