Re: Need help

Hi,

> I tried "cdrecord -scanbus". But I got the following error message.
> "cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver."
> Can you help me please?

Looks like you stirred up other much older quarrels.
These quarrels are the reason why we got some wealth of
cdrecord compatible programs. Better too many than too few.

The original:
You might expect help from Joerg Schilling, the author of
cdrecord, if you use his newest release, from
  ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha
To my knowledge current is:
  ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/cdrtools-2.01.01a23.tar.gz
(For some reason this address does not work for me currently.
traceroute ends at funnel.fokus.fraunhofer.de )
Proper problem reports are indeed on topic here
  cdwrite@other.debian.org
but see below for some hints.

Project cdrkit:
cdrkit contains program wodim which stems from cdrecord
and is therefore very very compatible.
  http://cdrkit.org
Current seems to be
  http://cdrkit.org/releases/cdrkit-1.1.1.tar.gz
I guess problem reports can be submitted to
  debburn-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

My own effort:
cdrskin is the cdrecord compatibility wrapper of libburn
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin_eng.html
current is (i'm sure)
  http://scdbackup.sourceforge.net/cdrskin-0.2.6.pl02.tar.gz
Bug reports and requests can be mailed to
  libburn-hackers@pykix.org
or submitted at
  http://libburnia.pykix.org/newticket

If you picked the recent release of one of above projects
and then still have the problem: please give some info wether
you were superuser and on what operating system ...

If it is Linux, one reason might be the lack of sg devices.
So the output of this could be interesting:
  ls -l /dev/sg[0-9]*
  lsmod | grep sg