Re: Request for cooperation with all burn backends

Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> wrote:

> [Once again] given that we're talking about Linux, 2.6 O_EXCL serializes
> only O_EXCL opens. So the program that only wishes to query unit can do
> so, while program that wants to pull the data or modify page settings
> should rather adhere to O_EXCL to serialize the access.

If you are talking about Linux only, we should stop this discussion.

Linux has many problems with it's kernel design that make it nearly impossible
to implement a working method. It would rather make sense to implement a
demonstrator on a OS that has a better design and then tell the Linux kernel
developers what to do.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)