Re: mkisofs bug? creating cdrom image for bulk files with -old-root -> enter infinite loop?

Joerg Schilling wrote:

å¼ é?¡æ­¦ <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:

Further report in case it is helpful for debugging it:

Because I am a bit in hurry (now is 23:55, better finish today's backup
before 00:00) I tried to issue command to mkisofs replacing
'-M /dev/hdd' with '-M /tmp/first.iso' where first.iso is the iso image
for the CDR I burnt first time.

By doing so I can separate the mkisofs failure with possible DVD-RW
driver problem (because driver is not used when doing this mkisofs).

The behavior: mkisofs starts to run, and hang pretty soon there, taking
up NO CPU RESOURCE. It simply hang there. Ctrl+C and TERM signal is
ignored, KILL signal cause it to quit.

In any case, it is impossible to help you as long as you use this 2 year old outdated version.

I can only help if you first test the latest version.

2.0.1 IS the latest rellease version... unless you put the later releases somewhere else.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time