Re: linux firmware updater for Plextor drives

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Thomas Maguin <T.Maguin@web.de> wrote:
for linux there is a new Firmware Update Program for all current Plextor drives from Premium to PX-760 available.

info:
http://qpxtool.sourceforge.net

download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qpxtool/pxfw-0.1.tar.bz2?download

I strongly recommend not to use this hacky tool that does not even do the simplest consistency checks.....

Better use official software that has been created using official
information on how to to the FW upgrade.

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/firmware.html

Note that the official software works for nearly all OS and is not
a Linux hack only.

I appreciate your keeping a copy handy on your personal site, but since this is official software I'd rather get it from the vendor site where it was released. Can you tell me where on the Plextor site you found the official version?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc