Re: Burning Problem

Dan Smythe wrote:

I am using growisofs on OpenBSD 3.8.

I am using a USB DVD burner that only averages .3x
speed.

My DVDs always burn fine if I am using a DVD+R or
DVD-R that goes from 1-4x. However, when I use the new
1-8x DVDs, it always seems to burn fine, but I can't
copy the information or play it on a DVD player. I
also tried setting the speed to 1x with the growisofs
command, but no luck.

Any suggestions?

My first thought is that you are having a firmware problem, so I'd look and see if there's an upgrade. After that you could consider media brand, but that's unlikely to be a solution.

Is your USB an old USB-1.0 by chance? I burn 8x here.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time