Re: How to tell if mounted media is CD-R, CD-RW or CD-ROM?

Hi,

> However, recently I found that in some cases cdrecord, maybe due to the
> drive not returning all the info it needs, will not print the "erasable"
> string even if the media is CD-RW (cdrecord can succesfully burn it).

Oops. My own backup tool relies on that same output of
cdrecord -atip  and up to now i had no misleading output
with CD-RW. Nor do i have such reports from users of my
tool.

Can you specify the circumstances under which this happens ?
Is this result reproducible with the same individual media ?