Re: [Cdrecord-support] using cdrecord varirec and gigarec option together

On Friday 24 February 2006 11:52, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Stefano Vesa <stefanovesa@tiscali.it> wrote:
> > I've tried but I get a similar error.
> > Anyway no problem: I'll wait for the fix!
> >
> > In addition I want to inform that Plextor PX-716 has some improvement to
> > the varirec that I hope in future it will be possible to see  handled in
> > cdrecord:  it supports varirec for CD-Rs also at 8x speed and varirec
> > range spans to -4 to +4. Furthermore also the dye type of the inserted
> > CD-R is selectable: choices are default, azo, cyanine, phthalocyanine A,
> > phthalocyanine B, phthalocyanine C, phthalocyanine D.
>
> Where is the related info on how to do this?

I have not any info on how to do this, sorry... And I have not any programming
skill to try to implement these features...
I have only noticed that my Plextor PX-716 and newer units (PX-755 and PX-760)
have such new varirec features that can managed with Plextools software under
Win.
See e.g the PX-716 review on http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/170/2

Best Regards.
Stefano