was: Re: DL layer media folks have had good luck with? now, Solaris

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net> wrote:

By the way Jörg, I've just gotten Solaris 10 installed on my spare laptop. I will say that this time, the install was pretty much flawless. Only problem I have is it doesn't recognize the built in mouse pad.

I never had similar problems.

It works out of the box with e.g. my IBM T42p and it is caused by Xorg that
you need to hand-write a Config file in order to be able to hot plug a
USB mouse while Xorg is running.

Interesting. When I plugged a usb mouse in, it simply worked, I didn't have to modify the config.

--
Until later, Geoffrey