Re: using cdrecord as backend.

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:39:58 +0100
Jörgen Lindroos <lindroosj@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am going to build a cd-copier out of an old pc. You put two cd's,
> one to copy from and one to copy to, and then just press start. For
> this I was thinking to use Linux and cdrecord. Would that be possible?
> And how do I get started with writing a backend for this.
>
> I would also want to show the procentual progress on a lcd.

Have a look at cdrdao as well -- it has a "copy" command and you can
specify source/target, on the fly or with image. As far as my experience
goes it can handle arbitrary track modes and simply does a 1:1 copy.
(thats mixed audio/data, audio, data and video CD up to now). copy
protected stuff with artifical subchannel errors might or might not work
depending on the drive (raw capabilities).

K.-H.