Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Joerg Schilling wrote:

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-22:

First: this is not a bug inside cdrecord that needs to be fixed but a recently
introduced bug in Linux that needs a workaround.
I don't care how you call it. It's a problem between cdrecord and Linux
that needs to be fixed.

Since you insisted that setuid would work in Linux (which it doesn't),
I'm showing you what works for me ATM. I'm not claiming it's appplicable
as is, I wanted to hear how your review is going.

You stated that it does not work on Linux-2.6.8.1 which is not true.

Please understand that I am not willing to waste my time with constanly trying out new Linux version as long as the Linux Folks is not willing to to stop introducing new problems for CD/DVD writing.
Fortunately there are people who do, which is why there are patches to fix the limitations of the old interface you release. You are saying "the world should stop changing because I don't have time to keep up."

For this reason, I cannot try out problems with Linux versions ewer than 2.6.8.1
unless people give access to machines where newer versions are installed.

Did you ever wonder why no one provides access?

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc