Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

> Well, my DVD-ROM cannot read any of the DVD-R or DVD+RW disks that I
> have tried.
> I use TDK and Verbatim media written with a Plextor PX-716UF drive using
> cdrecord-ProDVD.
> The kernel identifies the drive as: LG DVD-ROM DRN-8080B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM

How old is this drive? In the earlier days of DVD+, say 2003, many
dvd-rom drives didn't have capability to read DVD+, or only a bad one.

My 3-year old Asus E616 dvd-rom has never failed me on a variety of DVD+
and DVD- as long as they were properly burned (if the burner failed on a
particular media brand, then that disk was just plain shot - can't blame
the reader).

But do consider that as long as you can read your DVD+RW on your own
hardware, it doesn't matter much how many other people can't...

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.