Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Hi,

> > Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > Because growisofs doesn't do CD, cdrecord doesn't do DVD, and -ProDVD
> > isn't open source. I find it very nice to have a single tool to burn ISO
> > images, because then I can write the media type fitted to the data size
> > without needing multiple tools.
>
> Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
> Some people I've heard like their cdrecord-style interface. My answer
> has always been "make a wrapper script", but they didn't bother
> (complaining is easier??).

Would there be volunteer testers for a united cdrecord
compatibility wrapper based on libburn for CD and
growisofs for DVD ? (With the funny property to have
TAO-like behavior for DVD and only SAO for CD. Libburn
is only available for x86 Linux 2.4 and 2.6 afaik.)

I have large parts of the necessary code lying around.
At least for data purposes, not for CD audio. It depends
much on what cdrecord options are needed. (I got an
option logging proxy for cdrecord, too.)