Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Hi,

> > So i have not much reason to try any DVD-patched cdrecords yet.
> > I actually wonder why they live forth.
>
> Some people appear to prefer one tool for one burning needs, without
> locking themselves in to the commercial expiring stuff.

Oh, i do not put in question the convenience to use the
burner software via a cdrecord-compatible command line
interface.
I am actually the proud originator of several cdrecord-like
wrappers around other writer software like growisofs or
libburn or the Linux kernel's devices.

I don't either dispute the inconvenience of Joerg's decision
to make the -ProDVD license as it is. If there wasn't growisofs
then i would see the license situation as a valid reason for
a GPL fork.

But up to this morning, when i read Volker's mail, i was not
aware of any technical advantage of the patched versions.
As Volker describes it, i will hardly ever make own experiments
to find out about situations where growisofs fails and one
of the patched cdrecords succeeds.
Nevertheless, i would be very interested in learning about
such situations.