cdrecord-ProDVD 2.01.01a01 Linux binary has expired!

Hi Jörg,

This mail is mostly for you as you are the only one who can solve the problem.

The most recent cdrecord-ProDVD version is an alpha binary and is more than one year old. Hence it has expired now! That this is the case can be seen from berlios ftp server listing: -rwxrwxr-x 1 ftp ftp 376924 Jan 5 2005 cdrecord-prodvd-2.01.01-i686-pc-linux-gnu

I did notice that the license/binary timeout shows itself in a little cryptic way, namely as a long wait followed by a "faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out" error message and an Alarm Clock "abort".

I know this behaviour is documented in ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD/README but it would be really appreciated (by me at least) if a future version of cdrecord-ProDVD did produce a clear error message in case of license problems.

Better yet, do away with the license checks! ;-)

Cheers,
Klaus