Re: Re: growisofs will not write at 8x with NEC 3540A

"George P Nychis" <gnychis@cmu.edu> wrote:

>> Sorry, I removed the alarm feature by getting the newest binary, I >> use gentoo and an old alpha binary was in portage. I don't get the >> alarm, but it still says writing at 6 speed:

> Does it stay at 6x in the "verbose printing while writing"  from
> cdrecord?

NEC has introduced a new feature with the 3540A model: When too many buffer underruns occur, it reduces the write speed. I can, on Windows XP, reproduce the problem that too many buffer underruns occur on this drive when using cdrecord-prodvd at 8x speed, so that it falls back to 6x speed right after the zone change to 8x.

regards,
Alexander