Re: bug in cdrecord-2.01.01a03

Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de> writes:

> Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> wrote:
>
>> On NetBSD-3.99.15/i386,

3.99.15??? Sure it wasn't 2....?

>> with cdrtools-2.01.01a03, writing an ordinary FUJI 1-4x CD-RW
>> broke. The same command line, drive, and medium works with
>> cdrtools-2.01.
>>
>> The message is
>> 	cdrecord: Trying to use ultra high speed+ medium on a writer which is not
>> 	compatible with ultra high speed+ media.
>> The medium I'm using definitely is not an ultra high speed one.
>>
>> From the Changelog, it seems that
>> -       Added support for Ultra speed+ CD-RW media recognition and a check
>>         whether the drive supports Ultra speed+ CD-RW media.
>>         (Thanks to Alexander Noé).
>> might be related to this.
>
> This has been fixed 2 months ago. Alexander did missplace the brackets
> here :-)

Time for a04 then.

>> I'm using the NetBSD pkgsrc patches, available at
>> 	http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/sysutils/cdrecord/patches/
>> I don't think this is related to this problem.
>
> DO you know whom to tell what's wrong with these patches?

Checking
<http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/sysutils/cdrecord/Makefile>

gives:

Revision 1.69, Thu Jan 5 23:30:03 2006 UTC (9 hours, 32 minutes ago) by wiz
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: HEAD
Changes since 1.68: +1 -1 lines
FILE REMOVED

Remove cdrecord, replaced by cdrtools.

Checking
<http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/sysutils/cdrtools/Makefile?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup>
gives:
MAINTAINER=	tech-pkg@NetBSD.org

That's the address to write to. Be sure to report a concrete bug with
detail, in English, and keep in mind that tech-pkg@ are nice guys,
packaging third-party software and aren't responsible for messups in
particular operating systems (kernel or libraries) -- pkgsrc is pretty
much independent of the OS; whether it's BSD, Linux, Solaris. For more
information, check <http://www.pkgsrc.org/>

--
Matthias Andree