mkisofs bug? creating cdrom image for bulk files with -old-root -> enter infinite loop?

Hello. I actually encounter this problem on SuSE linux, but I am pretty
sure I can reach the mkisofs authors much easier on this list, as this
could be a bug report, it's important to reach the authors/maintainers.

I managed to learn to use -old-root to create CDR with only updated
files, see my previous post (attached at the end of this email). Here is
how to reproduce this 'bug':

insert an empty CDR, do this

zhangweiwu@joe:~> mkisofs  -r -iso-level 4 -m .beagle -V 20060922_zhangweiwu_backup \
   -m Cache -m .Trash -m .thumbnails -m music -m '*.avi' -o /tmp/zhangweiwu.iso ~

The first session of multi-session disc is made. The next day, do this:

zhangweiwu@joe:~> mkisofs -C `cdrecord dev=/dev/hdd -msinfo` -M /dev/hdd -old-root / \
   -m .beagle -m Cache -m .Trash -m .thumbnails -m music -m '*.avi' \
   -r -iso-level 4 -V 20060923_zhangweiwu_backup -o /tmp/zhangweiwu.iso ~

Then mkisofs start working, reading CDR for 10 seconds, then hang there.
top(1) shows mkisofs uses 100% CPU resource. First I thought it's simply
making the image, I left the computer there for 10 hours and it's still
computing, then I think probably it is a bug, mkisofs should not take so
long time to make the image.

mkisofs only read the CDR in the beginning, then in the following hours
it doesn't seems to be reading the CDR; besides, both CDR and the DVD-RW
driver are new, thus I guess it's not related to CDR performance.

I added two '-v' parameter to the commandline and get the attached
typescript (using script(1)) for you for debugging purpose. In that
typescript I used Ctrl+C to break mkisofs after 10 hours. Total number
of files recorded on CDR is some 1000 files.

Please let me know what else should I provide to help you get the bug
tracked/reproduced. for me it is always reproducible.

在 2006-09-17日的 15:19 +0800,张韡武写道:

--
锐业软服(国内业务)  http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService      http://www.realss.com