Re: HP cd-writer 8200 and cdrecord

Alexander Fortwinder wrote:

The same. Any suggestions anyone?

I would say it's time to post dmesg output. However, I'm guessing that there problem is either you have the wrong device specified via ide-scsi at boot time, or that you have bad firmware which is lying. You might try booting without using ide-scsi and post the dmesg from that just as a reference point. The burner won't work on 2.4 without the ide-scsi, but at least we can see a bit more info.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc