Re: mkisofs and "File <filename> did grow" error

> The problem is that I do want to backup the log files as I did before.
> For now I downgraded mkisofs to the previous versions.
> I was just wondering if I'm the only one bitten by this.

ISO filesystems have to be laid out before they're created. Therefore
you can't accommodate files changing between layoutand creation of the
filesystem. It has never been possible to do that, it's just a question
of getting an error message, a corrupt ISO filesystem, or a truncated
file.

Copy the log files to some other directory first, then run mkisofs.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.