Re: cdrecord _used_ to work ... dropped support for Generic mmc2?

On Sat, 27 May 2006 16:02:11 +0200
I wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I can't write CD-R discs with cdrecord - it objects on the grounds of my
> > giving it DVD media - but I'm feeding it CD-R blanks.
> >
> > CD-RW discs work just fine as do DVD-RW with growisofs.
> >
> > I _used_ to be able to write CD-R - I have several as evidence from a

Just to close this out ... I bought a new DVD burner and all is well
again. Burned my first CD-R in quite a while and it's fine.

So it was hardware failure rather than software - it was just strange
that the more demanding DVD was working and not the CD-R, but there you
go.

Thanks for everyone's attention

Cheers

Bob