Re: using cdrecord as backend.

Jörgen Lindroos <lindroosj@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What kind of CDs do you like to copy?
>
> It will be mostly music cd's but also data-cd. I don't think there will be
> so much mixed audio/data.

If you like to copy music cd's, you should not use the clone mode as this
would result in unreadable copies from unreadable sources.

For copying music CDs the best and documented way is:

cdda2wav dev=b,t,l -vall -Owav -B cddb=0 -paranoia
cdrecord dev=b,t,l -v -sao -text -useinfo *.wav

The cdrecord man page also includes an example on how to do this
without using disk files for the audio content.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)