Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

> Because growisofs doesn't do CD, cdrecord doesn't do DVD, and -ProDVD
> isn't open source. I find it very nice to have a single tool to burn ISO
> images, because then I can write the media type fitted to the data size
> without needing multiple tools.

That's why I have used my writecd script for the past 10 years. Gives me
always the same command line interface... and importantly, a proper log
file which I can archive. This makes longevity studies possible - I can
burnt 5 years ago.

Some people I've heard like their cdrecord-style interface. My answer
has always been "make a wrapper script", but they didn't bother
(complaining is easier??). If you have already made one, why don't you
send it to Andy and ask him to include it with dvd+rw-tools?

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.