Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

 AP> dvd+rw-tools 6.0 are available for download at usual location,

This version gives me the following error:
:-( unable to anonymously mmap 33554432: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ouch! The problem is caused by ridiculously low default memorylocked resource limit in newer Linux kernels. Note that unprivileged users [as long as growisofs is not installed set-root-id] are not affected by this[*]. Next version will naturally have workaround coded in, but meanwhile you can issue the following command at command prompt prior starting growisofs:

- if you run C-like shell, issue 'limit memorylocked unlimited';
- if you run Bourne-like shell, issue 'ulimit -l unlimited';

A.

[*] This is now the bug slipped through, as I never run growisofs privileged.