Re: Cdrecord!

tucel@yahoo.com wrote:
Hi I'm a newbie, and posted this message on forums but
nobody resolved the problem, I'm writing to u in hope
that the problem will be solved. Everytime when I want
to burn a cd and I type the command "cdrecord
-scanbus" look what message appers on the screen:

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Joerg Schilling
NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial
(modified) release of cdrecord
      and thus may have bugs that are not present in
the original version.
      Please send bug reports and support requests to
<cdrtools@packages.debian.org>.
      The original author should not be bothered with
problems of this version.

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open
'/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
-scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
'cdrecord dev=help'.
cdrecord:
cdrecord: For more information, install the
cdrtools-doc
cdrecord: package and read
/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .

What's wrong here?!?!
I hope I'm not asking to much, and please have
pacience with me!
Let's see, it told you to send to cdrtools@debian and you sent it here, and I bet you didn't do the dev=help or you would have gotten your answer. Or you didn't read the ATAPI.setup doc, not clear.

cdrecord dev=ATA: -scanbus
cdrecord dev=ATAPI: -scanbus