Re: growisofs "Failed to change write speed"

Hi,

> Sometimes (not always) I got this messages:
> >:-( Failed to change write speed: 8467->11080
>
> But rerunning the script a second later works great... Any ideas?
> My setup:
> hdc: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive (default firmware)
> media: TDK DVD+R Data/Video 4.7GB 1-8x
> tools: dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8
> kernel: 2.6.11.4 (SUSE Linux 9.3)

Since the effect isn't stable i would outrule a software
problem with growisofs on the first hand.

I wouldn't be astonished if the individual burner hardware
would be damaged. So if possible i would strive for replacement.
A cheaper approach would be to try other media and/or other
recording software (i.e. cdrecord-ProDVD). Maybe one gets
other error messages which provide some enlightenment.