Re: Which DVD recorder to buy?

Hallo,

Op 07 Sep 05 schreef Volker Kuhlmann aan cdwrite@other.debian.org:

 >> Could somebody please name some models or point me to a site where
 >> I can find this information?
 VK> On another list someone was keen on LG, model LG GSA-4163, cheap too.

Well, mine was not really cheap. I did not feel like shopping around
and bought it by mail order. But it looks good: burnt a DVD+R and a
DVD+R(DL) without any problem.

 VK> Also does DVD-RAM, which supposedly can be mounted read/write as a
 VK> hard disk out of the box with Linux.

This sounds interesting. I'll put some DVD-RAM discs on the shopping
list for my girl friend tomorrow :)

 VK> Pioneer 108 and 109 are crap,

The ASUS 1608P turned out to be a Pioneer 109 really. It goes back to
the shop where I bought it next week and I'll get a refund {already
agreed that).

Groetjes,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/050823
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)