Re: CLOSE SESSION failed on DVD+R only

Hallo,

Op 03 Sep 05 schreef scdbackup@gmx.net aan cdwrite@other.debian.org:

 s> The recent one : :-[ WRITE@LBA=310h failed with
 s> SK=5h/ASC=21h/ACQ=02h] "5  21  02       INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE"
 >> I really don't know what to do anymore...
 s> Well, the main suspect is now the burner hardware, i fear.

Hardware or firmware. I'n afraid you might be right :(

 s> But nobody could talk me into doing that, so i do not even
 s> ask you wether you could.

My house is completely Gates-free :)

 s> I saw a Toshiba for 59,- Euro at Plus (a german food retailer).

A little bit too far away for me. I'm at the west coast of the Netherlands.

 s> If the burner is newly purchased then i would challenge it's
 s> individual fitness and demand replacement. Wether this will
 s> succeed and wether this will help is a different thing.

Usually the people in my computer shop are very friendly and understanding.

 s> How about DVD+RW ? Do they still work flawlessy ?
 s> Maybe it's the best approach to look for a source of
 s> cheap DVD+RW media and to abandon the idea of DVD+R
 s> burning.

But that's not what I bought the thing for, is it?

Groetjes,

           Hans.

jdh punt beekhuizen bij duinheks punt xs4all punt nl

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5/050823
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)