Re: CLOSE SESSION failed on DVD+R only

Hi,

>> i just see that you considered to try other
>> media but had no opportunity up to now.
> Alas, using different media did not help a lot :(

You get different errors, but that's all.
The old one was :
  :-[ CLOSE SESSION failed with SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=07h]: Resource
  "2  04  07       LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, OPERATION IN PROGRESS"
The recent one :
  :-[ WRITE@LBA=310h failed with SK=5h/ASC=21h/ACQ=02h]
  "5  21  02       INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE"

> I really don't know what to do anymore...

Well, the main suspect is now the burner hardware, i fear.

We had growisofs and cdrecord-ProDVD fail under Linux 2.6
with various media and various exit behavior. A test with
MS-Windows would bring more insight.
But nobody could talk me into doing that, so i do not even
ask you wether you could.

I saw a Toshiba for 59,- Euro at Plus (a german food retailer).

If the burner is newly purchased then i would challenge it's
individual fitness and demand replacement. Wether this will
succeed and wether this will help is a different thing.

How about DVD+RW ? Do they still work flawlessy ?
Maybe it's the best approach to look for a source of
cheap DVD+RW media and to abandon the idea of DVD+R
burning.
DVD+R and DVD+RW aren't so much different in price.

I just looked through my mailbox ... did you ever tell us
the exact list of arguments you used with growisofs ?
(Things like -dvd-compat could be added or omitted
for further testing. If you still got media, that is.)