Re: 'cdrecord -toc' or 'cdrecord -atip' unlocks tray?

Mirco Lorenzoni <mrc.lrn@inwind.it> wrote:

> A mounted cd or dvd can be ejected, pressing the eject button on the cd/dvd
> unit, if one of the following commands is executed after the disc has been
> mounted:
>             cdrecord dev=x,y,z -toc
>             cdrecord dev=x,y,z -atip
>             cdrecord dev=x,y,z -msinfo  (ejects and reloads the disc)
> (<x,y,z> identifies the unit in which the disc is loaded).
> Is this a specific problem of my system and/or configuration, or is a common
> problem?

While I may need to eject the CD on case of -msinfo, I could try to avoid
dealing with the lock state for -toc and -atip.

Unfortunately, there is no garanteed way to ask for the state AFAIK.
At least I know that Plextor sells special firmware for juke boxes.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/