dvd+rw feature request

Hi,

I hope that this is the place to turn to. I'm using dvd+rw-tools 5.21.4.10.8 with a Samsung TS-H552B drive connected via USB. My machine is a 330 MHz G3 running Linux, so recording is slow, but it works. However, I recently discovered that piping the input through buffer with a fifo size of approx 16 MB increases the recording speed somewhat (from 2.7x to 3.5x). However, this procedure works only when recording an iso image, not for buning on the fly. Moreover, it is quite annoying to type such long command lines. It seems that recording speed in dvd+rwtools is limited by the time spent waiting for the input to become available. Maybe it would be wise to implement such a fifo buffer in dvd+rw-tools itself; this way, fetching input data could happen in a second thread while the first is waiting for writes on the recorder. The effect should show up even more dramatically when not burning from an image. I'd like to know what you think of this, and if it's going to be implemented.

Kind regards,

Manuel