Re: Linux kernel 2.6.x Raw device support

Dave Platt wrote:

It does have certain limitations, granted - you have to be careful
about your buffer alignments, and you have to explicitly ask for it
(via binding a /dev/raw/* device in 2.4, and now via O_DIRECT in
2.6).  It doesn't come "for free" - normal, standard disk I/O
still goes through the kernel buffer pool.

Do i recall you have to use magic buffer sizes and seek positioning? On sector or block boundaries? I used this, but looong ago, and haven't in years.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc