Re: -tao vs -sao

> README.copy
> README.verify
>
> You may save us a lot time when you read the documentation before sending mail.

Good point, however although this solves the problem (that I already solved
by experimenting) it does not answer my fundamental question - why software
that is used 95% of the time to burn iso images (since mostly used in
conjunction with mkisofs) defaults to a writing mode that (as per the README
you pointed me to) is guaranteed to produce inconsistent or even damaged CDRs.

Thank you

Peter

P.S. I apologize for my questions which might be inapropriate for a
developer list, however this is the only list advertised for cdrecord and
friends.