Re: Errors with 8x media, works in other OS

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 05:12:02PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>James Finnall <james@finnall.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 27 February 2005 09:37, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> >
>> > I am the author of cdrecord and I definitely know that
>> > cdrecord DOES support DVD writing.
>> >
>> > J?rg
>> >

>> Perhaps you can help me with cdrtools-01.01a01 to build it for DVD-R /RW
>
>You are not supposed to built it because you only have the parts of the
>cdrecord sources that have been published under GPL.

Thank you; you've finally admitted that you're spreading bullshit. As
I said in the original mail (and you trimmed) WE DO NOT CARE about
your proprietary cdrecord-prodvd. If you insist on trying to confuse
the discussion by just saying "cdrecord DOES support DVD writing" then
eventually you're just going to be ignored.

Alternatively, Joerg - why not just release the DVD support under GPL
ad be done with it? How much money have you actually made from selling
the -prodvd version? I've heard from multiple people who have tried to
contact you to pay for licenses and have never had any response from
you. That hardly seems to be a great way to sell a product and make
money...

Is there anybody out there?