Plextor PX716A speed problem : probably a Powerec issue

Hi,

Finally I think I found the speed problem with my PX716A, which was burning my 8X Verbatim DVD+R at 12X or 4X. Actually, the discs are recommended as 12X by Powerec. So, with Powerec enabled (in cdrecord, when forcespeed is not used), the drive has a mind on its own, and disable any speed parameters, except when speed is closer to the minimum speed.
Also, would it be possible to implement forcespeed into growisofs ?

Thanks
Eric